Easy Facebook Integration - Feature Request

Talk about Easy Facebook Integration and the Box of Evil

Easy Facebook Integration - Feature Request

Postby aXon » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:04 pm

Hi All,
here I would collect the requests from our users o potential users.

Please post here your requests, we will discuss it.
Luca 'aXon' Marchetti - Studio Evil
--
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
Albert Einstein
aXon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Easy Facebook Integration - Feature Request

Postby gord0 » Fri May 25, 2012 6:27 pm

Hi, perhaps I've completely missed where this is supposed to be posted feel free to move it if it's not a suitable place to post. I'm working on a facebook game using your classes and we've encountered one of those annoying browser compatibility issues. In the game, the first time a user does something that results in a wall post or app request, facebook presents them with a permission dialogue. After they've allowed it once, it doesn't bother them again. Works fine in all browsers except chrome. Chrome blocks that dialogue as a popup. However, if the user allows the permission in a different browser and then comes back to the game in chrome, the fb dialogues are no longer considered popups.

I've been googling and stack overflowing for a while now. So I thought I'd ask you guys directly.

thx,
Gordon

PS Here's the stack overflow post: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1075 ... locks-them
gord0

Postby aXon » Sat May 26, 2012 8:54 am

Hi Gordon,
sorry for the delay, we're out of the office these days, and to be honest out of our country (we're in Malmo, at the Nordic Game)

However, facebook is opening the popup window, which is normal (and annoying), but the user could still tell chrome to allow popups for the website, I hope.
Normally is working this way.

Could you please send me more details about your system (OS version, browser version) so I'll try to check if it is all working the right way?

Also, if you need, send me a PM with your skype ID. We could arrange a chat from monday and on.
I'm available from 9:00 to 18:00 GMT+2

L.
Luca 'aXon' Marchetti - Studio Evil
--
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
Albert Einstein
aXon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby gord0 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:33 pm

Sorry I took so long to get back to you. I was tranfered to another project. Then today I was transfered back. I'm going to check if the issue still exists and will send you a message with more info if it still does.
gord0

Postby gord0 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:57 pm

Ok, so the issue is still happening.

The cause is a "Facebook.uiAppRequest".

Now as you said the user could just add an exception to the popup blocker. If I were the user I'd do that without question. However as the devs, we don't want the situation to happen at all. It seems to happen only in chrome. Which is funny, because normally chrome is one of the better behaved browsers. IE, FF, Opera, and Safari all work properly in that they don't see the event as a popup to block.

We're currently running Chrome ver: 19.0.1084.52 m
We're also using a variety of Win xp and 7 (32 and 64bit), and OSX 10.6 and 10.7.

I'm relatively sure it's not the OS, but it may be relevant.

I'll send you my skype name via pm momentarily, however I'm about to leave the studio for the day and likely won't be on my work skype until monday.

thx
Gordon
gord0

Postby skeu » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:19 pm

Hi there,
I'm studying the possibility to buy this component, but i don't know how it works.

May I ask any video to see the functionality, possibilities, if it's possible to share snapshots, platforms,etc..

Thank you in advance.
skeu

Postby seya » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:27 am

Actually we do not have a video. It is a scripting package and a video of me coding could be really boring! I can share with you the package documentation. Basically the package is an interface to Facebook graph API, that lets you post, inspect data (friends, posts, galleries and everything graph API are enabled to let you know). Actually no support to upload images. The only platform supported is webplayer. Here you can find the documentation.
seya

Return to Tool & Downloads